ONLINE REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE FRIDAY, JANUARY 24, 2020
You may register on-site starting at 9am on Sunday, January 26, 2020 at the Grafton Trails and Oudoor Center - 783 Townshend Rd, Grafton, VT 05146 (located 1 mile south of Grafton village)
Steps to start or join a team today:
- Select the team captain: The captain must register first and create the team before additional members can join.
- Choose a team name that best fits your team. Be fun and creative here!
- Invite friends, co-workers and family to join you! Email, Facebook or Tweet everyone you know and invite them to register for the Komen New England Snowshoe - Vermont with you.
- Set up your personal team web page. After you register, log into your Participant Center to add a photo of your team, set a fundraising goal and tell everyone why you are participating in Komen New England Snowshoe - Vermont at the Grafton Trails & Outdoor Center on Sunday, January 26, 2020.
Every step you take and every dollar you raise brings us closer to a future without breast cancer. Because you’re taking those steps with a team, you’re multiplying your impact on the cause.
Team Captain Checklist
Once you’ve registered your Team, here are some next steps:
- Make a self -donation in any denomination to show your commitment
- Set a goal for the number of people you will recruit. Invite friends, co-workers and family to join you! Email, Facebook or tweet everyone you know and invite them to register to Snowshoe with you.
- Display event materials — brochures and posters — around the office, campus, cafeterias, break rooms, gyms, and other high traffic areas. Put your name, phone number, and/or email address on the posters so people can contact you to get involved.
- Host a kickoff meeting or event and invite the Susan G. Komen new England staff to make a presentation.
- Send fundraising tips out to all your team members and highlight the team’s top fundraising member.
- Create fundraising incentives for your team members encouraging them to meet or exceed their fundraising goals.
- Remind team members to log on to their fundraising pages to record all offline donations and send thank-you notes.
- Post a progress chart with your fundraising and recruitment goals in a visible area and update totals regularly.
Team fundraising helps ensure that we will be able to make the biggest impact in the community.
There are two ways that teams can engage in fundraising:
- Each team member asks their friends, family members and co-workers to support them in their fundraising efforts by making a donation.
- Your team can host a fundraising event. To download a list of fun and easy fundraising events, click here.